As a lover of food and fitness, I’m always looking for quick and healthy recipes to fuel my workouts and long days. Most days I don’t get home from work until around 9pm, so the last thing i want to be doing is slaving over the cooker and not eating until after 10pm. It is this exact issue that causes so many people to then make the wrong choices and reach for convenience foods. I understand, I am the biggest culprit myself, who doesn’t love a bowl of cereal (or 4) for dinner?
This is why we prep. You see it all the time in the fitness industry and it is by far one of the most successful ways to stay on plan, eat right, feel good and save money.
My most recent fav is my peri peri chicken and sweet potato 10 minute dinner.
All you need is:
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 400g Uncooked Chicken
- 3 Mixed Peppers
- 200g Broccoli
- 1tbsp Nandos Peri-Peri Salt
- 1tsp Coconut oil
- Chop up the sweet potatoes, place in a microwavable bowl of boiling water and microwave on full power for approx 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile slice your chicken into thin strips and lightly coat in peri peri salt, chop your peppers and broccoli. Place 1tsp of coconut oil in a pan and fry the chicken and veg until fully cooked.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the microwave, drain and add them to your chicken and veg. Mix everything together.
- Serve even amounts into 2 tupperwares and you have 2 days dinner sorted already (or tonights dinner and tomorrows lunch). All you have to do is pop it in the microwave for 1 minute and dinner is served! No mess, no effort.
Alternatively, you can increase the quantity of each ingredient, make more and freeze the extra meals until you’re ready to eat them.
For those counting macros or calories, here is the breakdown for one portion:
- Carbs: 48g
- Protein: 52g
- Fat: 2.8g
- Calories: 440kcal
Give this one a go, it is definitely a current favourite of mine.